Indulging in a delicious dessert doesn’t have to sabotage your healthy eating goals, especially when you have an exquisite treat like the Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. This guilt-free creation combines layers of sweet and tangy flavors with a crunchy pretzel crust, creamy cream cheese filling, and a refreshing strawberry jello topping. Prepare to impress your taste buds and guests with this delightful masterpiece that clocks in at just 5 Points per serving. Let’s dive into the details and discover how to create this mouthwatering delight!
A Journey to Guilt-Free Dessert
Before we delve into the recipe, let’s take a moment to appreciate the journey that led to the creation of this extraordinary Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert. As passionate dessert enthusiasts, we often find ourselves torn between indulging in our cravings and sticking to a healthy lifestyle. But with a little creativity and innovation, we discovered the perfect balance between flavor and wellness.
The Perfect Crust
Every exceptional dessert begins with a solid foundation, and the Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert is no exception. We start by combining mini pretzels with a touch of brown sugar substitute and melted light butter made with canola oil. The result is a delectable pretzel crust that adds a delightful crunch to each bite. After baking to perfection, allow it to cool, ensuring a stable base for the layers to come.
Next, we move on to the dreamy cream cheese layer, which brings a creamy and tangy element to this dessert. By combining light cream cheese, white granulated sugar substitute, and a dash of vanilla extract, we create a smooth and velvety mixture. Folding in sugar-free or fat-free cool whip adds a lightness to the cream cheese, creating a luscious layer that will leave you craving more.
The Captivating Crown
To complete our strawberry pretzel masterpiece, we need the crowning glory: a vibrant layer of sugar-free strawberry jello infused with fresh or thawed sliced strawberries. Dissolve the jello in boiling water and allow it to cool until it thickens, creating a texture reminiscent of delicate egg whites. Pour this enchanting mixture over the cool whip layer, allowing it to set and solidify its place as the star of the show.
The Finishing Touch
After patiently waiting for the dessert to set, it’s time to savor the fruits of our labor. Gently slicing the Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert into twelve equal portions, we can appreciate the harmonious marriage of flavors and textures in every bite. The contrast between the pretzel crust, creamy filling, and tangy strawberry jello is a symphony for the senses, providing a blissful moment of indulgence without derailing your health goals.
How To Make Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
Indulge in the guilt-free delight of a Weight Watchers Strawberry Pretzel Dessert, featuring a crunchy pretzel crust, creamy cream cheese layer, and refreshing strawberry jello topping.
- 2 (0.30 oz.) packages sugar free strawberry jello
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced or 1 (10 oz.) frozen sliced strawberries, thawed
- 7 oz. mini pretzels
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 4 Tbsp Land O’ Lakes light butter made with canola oil
- 8 oz. sugar free or fat free cool whip
- 6 oz. light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar substitute ( I use Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetner)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Using a food scale measure out 7 oz. of mini pretzels.
- Place pretzels into a blender or a food processor. Add brown sugar substitute, and melted butter. Blend for 20-30 seconds. ( be sure to not blend too much- you don’t want the pieces of pretzels to be too fine). Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and press it evenly to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely ( at least 15 minutes) before adding the cream cheese layer.
- Combine, sugar substitute, vanilla extract, and cream cheese in a food processor. Blend until nice and smooth. Pour cream cheese mixture into a medium mixing bowl and fold in the cool whip.
- Spread cream cheese cool whip layer over the top of the cooled pretzel layer. Be sure to spread the cream cheese layer to all corners and edges so the top layer doesn’t soak through.
- Refrigerate for at LEAST 30-45 minutes before adding the top layer. before adding the top layer.
- Pour sugar free jello into a bowl of 2 cups boiling water, let it dissolve completely for at least 2 minutes then stir in the strawberries.
- Chill the strawberry mixture in the fridge until it thickens to the consistence of egg whites, about 15-20 minutes.
- Tip: To ensure the jello layer doesn’t leak through the cream cheese layer & into the pretzels (which can make the pretzels soggy) be sure to refrigerate the jello until thick and almost sets.
- Then pour over the top of the cool whip layer. Refrigerate until it sets or at least 2 hours.
Using a knife, cut into 12 even slices.
Makes 12 servings
5 Points per serving