These air fryer mummy hot dogs are a fun way to make treats for the kids. They love making and eating these rolled-up crescent dough dressings.
Ingredients to make Mama’s Hot Dogs
We need four ingredients to make this recipe crescent dough sheets, hot dogs, mustard, ketchup or hot sauce, and oil spray.
Air Fryer Mama’s Hot Dogs Recipe
Air Fryer Mama’s Hot Dogs are quick and easy to make in the air fryer. The hot air in the air fryer cooks the crescent dough slices to perfection. And the hot dogs are well-cooked, plump, and juicy. It’s a win when you want an activity with the kids. They’re not just cute, they’re delicious.
AIR FRYER MUMMY HOT DOGS
- 8 oz refrigerated crescent dough or crescent dough sheets
- ketchup or hot sauce
- oil spray
- 8 hot dogs
- Roll out the crescent moon dough. Cut into 3/8″-1/2″ (9mm-13mm) wide strips.
- Pat the hot dog dry (it helps prevent the dough from slipping as you roll it).
- Wrap two pieces of dough around each hot dog to look like bandages. Mix them up occasionally, and leave the pad separator on one end of the face. Roll out the dough if necessary. A word of caution: roll only a few layers on top of each other, or the base layers may not be fully cooked. Repeat the process with the rest of the dough and sausage.
- Lightly spray the rolled edges of the hot dogs with oil spray. Spray the air fryer basket with oil spray. Place the rolled hot dogs face-up in the air-fryer basket or tray, ensuring the mummies are not touching (cook in batches if necessary).
- Air Fry at 330°F (166°C) for 6 minutes. Gently wiggle to loosen from the baskets. Air fry at 330°F (166°C) for another 1-3 minutes or until the crescent dough is golden brown and cooked through.
- Apply mustard and ketchup on top (or hot sauce) for the eyes and other desired facial features. Enjoy!
calories: 225kcal, carbohydrates: 20g, protein: 6g, fat: 14g, saturated fat: 5g, cholesterol: 20mg, sodium: 531mg, potassium: 66mg, sugar: 3g, calcium: 11mg, iron: 1mg