This zucchini lasagna recipe uses an air fryer to make the best zucchini lasagna ever!
Low-carb lasagna is all the good stuff that regular lasagna is, but it’s keto-friendly with delicious zucchini noodles in the air fryer! It’s a win-win combination of flavorful ground beef, marinara, ricotta cheese, and sliced zucchini.
How to cut zucchini
there is no need to peel the zucchini in this recipe! Cut pieces of bread and bake them in the air fryer until they are dry and no longer runny. This gives them the same texture as lasagna noodles. The mandoline quickly slices the zucchini and ensures that the slices are evenly cut.
Ingredients to make Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna
Zucchini: Choose firm zucchinis that are clean and free of soft spots, then cut slices of eggplant that can be used in place of zucchini.
BEEF: Ground beef, Italian sausage, ground chicken, or turkey are all excellent choices. Leave the meat out altogether for a vegetarian entrée.
Sauce: Jarred, homemade spaghetti sauce, or marinara works for this recipe.
Cheese: Ricotta is the favorite for lasagna, but cottage cheese is a good substitute. Mozzarella and parmesan are a must!
Seasonings: Keto lasagna is all about the flavor! Use what’s in the pantry, or make your Italian seasoning blend in all recipes, from dips to rubs to dressings.
How to make zucchini lasagna
Prepare zucchini slices and minced meat is cooked with onion and garlic and simmered with spices and sauce. Mix the ricotta, Parmesan, eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper. Layer zucchini slices with meat sauce and top with the ricotta mixture. Place the zucchini on top and finish with the remaining sauce then Cover the zucchini with foil and bake it.
This recipe comes together faster when you have all the ingredients ready. Start by preparing the zucchini, as they take some time to dry and are glad.
- Cook the meat mixture until it is very thick and no longer very runny.
- Store leftover zucchini lasagna in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat the portions on the stove or wrap them in foil in the air fryer.
- Freeze leftover zucchini lasagna in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese about 2 cups
- 1½ pounds 1 large zucchini
- ½ tbsp dried basil
- ½ tbsp dried parsley
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cup pasta sauce homemade or jar
- 2 garlic cloves
- Put butter paper in a small oven tray. Make sure the fryer fits in the air fryer basket.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the zucchini into ¼-inch-thick slices and place in a single layer, in batches, in the air fryer basket and cook for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce the air fryer temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the zucchini is cooking, heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the minced meat, onion, and garlic and cook until no longer pink. Drain off any fat.
- Add pasta sauce and Italian seasoning to the minced meat and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Mix the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, parsley, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the meat sauce in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Layer with half of the zucchini slices and the remaining meat sauce. Top with the ricotta mixture.
- Place the zucchini on top and finish with the remaining sauce.
- Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked. Remove the foil and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, until the cheese, is golden brown.
- Rest for at least 15 minutes before applying.
- Additional beef may be added to the meat sauce.
- Zucchini contains a lot of water, and cooking it first helps keep the dish from being watery. As it rests, the lasagna will release a little water.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 210kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 736mg | Potassium: 526mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 591IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 2mg