Dive into a bowl of comforting beef stew made in a slow cooker. This easy-to-follow recipe combines tender chuck roast, vibrant vegetables, and savory spices for a satisfying meal. Learn how to create this delicious beef stew with step-by-step instructions.
Imagine being a housewife with a passion for creating delicious meals that warm the hearts of your loved ones. As you step into the kitchen, armed with a recipe for a comforting beef stew slow cooker, you can’t help but feel a sense of excitement. You know that your husband, who works tirelessly to provide for your family, deserves a special treat tonight.
What are the Ingredients for Beef Stew Slow Cooker Recipe
With a sense of purpose, you gather the fresh ingredients—carrots, celery, onions, garlic—and carefully chop them, savoring the earthy aromas that fill the air. As you reach for the can of diced tomatoes, you can’t help but think about the love and care that goes into each step of the recipe.
Discover Related Topics:
Slow Cooker Beef Stew Recipe
Warm your soul with a bowl of homemade beef stew that has been slow-cooked to perfection. This hearty recipe brings together succulent chunks of beef, aromatic vegetables, and a medley of flavors that will leave you craving more. Whether you’re looking for a comforting family dinner or a dish to impress your guests, this slow cooker beef stew is sure to delight. Follow this simple recipe and enjoy a bowl of warm, comforting goodness.
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time||8 hours|
|Total Time||8 hours and 20 minutes|
Feel free to adjust the formatting as needed.
- – 4-5 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- – 4-5 celery spears, roughly chopped
- – 1 can of diced tomatoes with juice
- – 2 small onions, roughly chopped
- – 6-8 cloves of garlic, chopped
- – 1 small can of tomato paste
- – 6-8 red potatoes, roughly chopped
- – 1 bottle or can of your favorite beer (such as Guinness)
- – 2-3 lbs chuck roast, fat trimmed and cubed (stew meat can be used as an alternative)
- – Flour for dredging (gluten-free flour can be used)
- – About 1 cup of beef broth/stock
- – Salt and pepper for seasoning
- – 2 bay leaves
- – Smoked hot and sweet paprika, to taste
- – Chili powder, to taste
- – Oil for cooking
- Season the beef: Sprinkle salt and pepper over the cubed beef, ensuring each piece is well coated.
- Dredge the beef: Lightly coat the seasoned beef with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Brown the beef: Heat a pan over medium-high heat and add oil. Brown the beef in the heated pan, working in batches if necessary. Once browned, remove the beef from the pan and set it aside.
- Sauté the garlic: In the same pan, add garlic and a little more oil if needed. Sauté until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add vegetables and tomato paste: Add the carrots, celery, onions, potatoes, and tomato paste to the pan. Sauté for about 10 minutes, allowing the vegetables to soften and the tomato paste to meld with the flavors.
- Incorporate diced tomatoes: Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and continue sautéing for an additional 5 minutes.
- Introduce the beer: Pour the beer into the pan, stirring well to combine with the ingredients. Allow it to cook for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Combine all ingredients: Return the browned beef to the pan, stirring to coat it with the vegetable and beer mixture.
- Season the stew: Add beef broth, salt, pepper, bay leaves, smoked hot and sweet paprika, and chili powder to the pan, adjusting the quantities according to your taste preferences.
- Transfer to the slow cooker: Carefully transfer the mixture from the pan into a slow cooker, ensuring all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Slow cook to perfection: Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 8 hours, allowing the flavors to meld and the beef to become tender and succulent.
- Serve and enjoy: Once the cooking time is complete, taste the stew and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Ladle the beef
Stew into bowls and serve it piping hot. Pair it with crusty bread or a side salad for a complete meal.
Note: If you prefer, you can occasionally remove the lid and taste test the stew to adjust the seasoning to your liking. Feel free to experiment and make this recipe your own.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Indulge in the heartwarming flavors of slow-cooked beef stew, filled with tender chunks of beef, vibrant vegetables, and a medley of spices. This easy-to-follow recipe allows you to enjoy a comforting and delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen. Embrace the convenience of a slow cooker and let it work its magic while you go about your day. Prepare this beef stew for your loved ones and savor every spoonful of this soul-satisfying dish.