When it comes to making dinner, nothing beats a hearty and delicious meal that can be cooked effortlessly, and this slow cooker chicken madras recipe is a perfect example. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s also packed with the perfect blend of spices that will leave your taste buds asking for more.
Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe
When the days are long and tiring, nothing can beat a hearty, delicious meal that is both easy to make and packed with flavor. The Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe is the perfect meal that checks all the boxes. This dish is a beautiful combination of savory and spicy flavors, with tender chicken thighs cooked to perfection in a flavorful base of vegetables and aromatic spices.
The Chicken Madras Recipe is a classic Indian dish, with roots tracing back to the southern state of Tamil Nadu. The dish is named after the city of Madras (now Chennai), and it is known for its intense, spicy flavor. However, this recipe has been adapted to suit a slow cooker, making it easier and more convenient for busy cooks.
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken Madras
To make the Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe, you will need a few simple ingredients that you can find in most grocery stores. The ingredients include rapeseed oil, yellow onion, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, garlic, ginger, crushed tomatoes, vegetable bouillon cube, habanero, garam masala, cumin, coriander powder, fenugreek powder, smoked paprika powder, turmeric powder, and salt. For the Madras, you will need additional ingredients such as carrots, bell peppers, chicken thighs, red chili pepper, mango chutney, chili powder, coriander powder, madras curry powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
Preparing the Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe is an easy and straightforward process that requires minimal effort. To begin, peel and chop all the vegetables for the base, including the onions, bell peppers, carrots, cabbage, garlic, and ginger. Add the vegetables to the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients, then set the slow cooker on low heat for ten hours.
After seven hours, use an immersion blender directly in the slow cooker to mix everything into a smooth sauce. Then, with three hours left on the timer, prepare the other ingredients for the Madras. Peel and cut the carrots into rough pieces, chop the red chili pepper, and add the spices, chutney, and chili to the slow cooker. Use the immersion blender to mix the ingredients, then add the chicken and carrot pieces, stir, and leave for an hour on low heat.
With two hours left on the timer, add the bell peppers that have been cut into smaller pieces. Put the lid back on and cook for the last two hours. The result is a beautiful, flavorful dish that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
The Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe can be served with rice, naan bread, and fresh chopped coriander for a complete meal. This recipe serves four to six people, making it perfect for a family dinner or a small gathering.
The Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe is a perfect example of how easy and convenient it is to make a delicious, healthy, and flavorful meal with minimal effort. The dish is also versatile, allowing you to adjust the spice level to suit your taste preferences. You can add more chili powder for a spicier dish or reduce the amount for a milder flavor.
Slow Cooker Chicken Madras
- 2 tbsp Mango Chutney
- 2 pcs Bell Pepper Yellow
- 1 Kg Chicken Thigh
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 4 pcs Carrot
- 3 pcs Chili Pepper Red
- 2 pcs Bell Pepper Red
- 3 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Madras Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 200 g Cabbage
- 1 pcs Carrot
- 2 pcs Bell Pepper Red
- 3 pcs Yellow Onion
- 7 pcs Garlic Clove
- 25 g Ginger
- 45 g Rapeseed oil
- 1 pcs Bouillon Cube Vegitable
- 2 dl Water
- 4 dl Crushed Tomatoes
- 20 g Habanero
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Fenugreek Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- 1 tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- When there are a little over 3 hours left on the cooking in the slow cooker, prepare the other ingredients (except the bell peppers, which should be added when there are 2 hours left on the slow cooker timer).
- Peel and cut the carrot into rough pieces. Chop the red chili into smaller pieces and possibly remove the seeds for a less spicy dish.
- Add the spices, chili and chutney. Again, use an immersion blender so that the chili and chutney are finely distributed and the spices is well mixed with the base.
- Add the carrot and chicken, stir, put on the lid and then leave for an hour on a low heat.
- When there are 2 hours left in the cooking, add the bell pepper that has been cut into smaller pieces. Put the lid back on and cook for the last 2 hours.
- Serve with rice, naan bread and some fresh chopped coriander.
- Peel and finely chop all the vegetables for the base, pour them into the slow cooker. The garlic can be peeled and added whole, the ginger should be finely grated.
- Add the other ingredients and put the slow cooker on low temperature, 10 hours.
- When there are about 3 hours left in the slow cooker (the base has cooked for 7 hours), use an immersion blender directly in the slow cooker to mix everything into a smooth sauce.
Here is the breakdown of nutrition per serving:
The Slow Cooker Chicken Madras Recipe is a delightful dish that is both healthy and flavorful. It is perfect for busy cooks who want to enjoy a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen. So go ahead and give this recipe a try, and treat yourself and your family to a mouth-watering delight that they won’t forget anytime soon.
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Chicken Madras”
this looks amazing
I was looking for this delicious recipe everywhere and lucky i found it. Thank you ❤️☺️