As a housewife, you have the opportunity to create delicious and comforting meals for your family, and Slow Cooker Curried Sausages is a recipe that will surely impress them. This recipe is perfect for busy days when you want to prepare a flavorful and hearty meal with minimal effort.
Selecting Quality Ingredients
To begin, you carefully select Woolworths thick beef sausages, known for their quality and taste. You start by browning the sausages in a frypan or the base of your slow cooker, allowing their rich flavors to develop. Once cooked, you slice the sausages into bite-sized pieces, ensuring each bite is filled with savory goodness.
Fragrant Foundation – Sautéing Onions and Garlic
In the same pan, you sauté thinly sliced onions and minced garlic until they become fragrant and translucent, releasing their aromatic essence. The combination of onion and garlic adds depth to the dish, creating a robust foundation for the flavors to unfold.
Fresh and Vibrant – Potatoes, Carrots, and Beans
Next, you gather your fresh ingredients, such as cubed potatoes, sliced carrots, and halved beans, which will contribute a delightful variety of textures to the final dish. These vegetables, along with the cooked onion and garlic, are then combined with beef stock, curry powder, and fruit chutney, forming a harmonious blend of spices and sweetness.
Slow Cooking Magic – Letting the Flavors Meld
As you transfer the mixture into the base of your slow cooker, the tantalizing aroma fills your kitchen, whetting the appetites of your family members. With a sprinkle of pepper for added seasoning, you set the slow cooker on low heat, allowing the flavors to meld together over the course of 6 1/2 hours.
As the hours pass, the fragrance intensifies, teasing your taste buds with anticipation. After the initial cooking time, you add the final touch—a handful of sultanas or cranberries, if desired, to introduce a hint of sweetness and a burst of color.
During the final 45-60 minutes of cooking, the beans become tender, absorbing the rich flavors of the curry-infused broth. The sausages, now succulent and infused with the aromatic spices, meld perfectly with the tender vegetables, creating a delightful harmony of textures and flavors.
Serving A Nourishing and Satisfying Meal
Finally, you eagerly serve the Slow Cooker Curried Sausages to your family, the vibrant colors and inviting aromas signaling the arrival of a nourishing and satisfying meal. Accompanied by creamy mashed potatoes, fragrant rice, or crusty bread, this dish is a complete and fulfilling culinary experience.
Enjoying the Culinary Delight
As you sit down together, the warmth and comfort of the Slow Cooker Curried Sausages wrap around you, creating a moment of togetherness and culinary delight. Your family savors each bite, appreciating the effort and love that went into preparing this homecooked masterpiece.
Slow Cooker Curried Sausages Recipe
A delightful blend of savory beef sausages, aromatic spices, and tender vegetables, slow-cooked to perfection for a comforting and flavorsome family meal. Effortlessly prepared, this dish brings warmth and togetherness to your home, making it a favorite among loved ones.
|Prep time||15 min|
|Cook time||8 hr|
|Total time||8 hr 15 min|
- 8 Woolworths thick beef sausages
- 1 Onion – thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves – minced
- 2 Potatoes – cubed
- 2 Carrots – sliced
- 1 cup Beans – sliced in half
- 1 1/2 tbsp Curry powder
- 2 tbsp Fruit chutney
- 2 cups Beef stock
- Pinch Pepper
- 2-3 tbsp Sultanas or cranberries – Optional
- In a frypan or the base of your slow cooker, (I have a cuisinart 3 in 1 multi cooker) cook the sausages over medium heat. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Then cut each sausage into 3 or 4 pieces.
- In the same pan, remove some of the fat that the sausages may have released, and cook the onion & garlic until onion is just translucent.
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, potatoes, beef stock, curry powder & fruit chutney into the base of the slow cooker, mix and then add the sausages. Season with a bit of pepper. Set on low for 6 1/2 hours. Add the beans and the cranberries or sultanas (if using). Then let it cook for another 45 – 60 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or crusty bread.
Tip: You can use pork sausage instead of beef. Add green peas or more vegetables that your family likes. Add more or less curry powder to your liking.
Discover Related Topics:
Second Method by (Macbride Chris)
- 14 sausages from local butchers ( browned first before throwing in the SC ).
- 3 x carrots chopped to your preference
- 1 x large leak chopped
- 1 x red pepper chopped
- 2 x medium red onions chopped
- 3 x parsnips chopped
- 2 x cloves of garlic chopped in tiny pieces
- 700mls of beef stock
- 1 x tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 x tbsp of mixed herbs
- Had my settings at low and cooked for 9 hours, if your cooking high it ll only take 4 hours.
- Then at the end of your cooking period I added Bisto Gravy to thicken the sauce up.
- Boiled few potato once ready added some lurpak butter and full fat milk then mashed it up.
- Hope yous find this useful guys, I’m finding it hard to get off my couch the now
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Through your culinary skills and dedication as a housewife, you have transformed a few simple ingredients into a delectable dish that brings joy to your home.