Air Fryer Fried Chicken recipe is perfectly seasoned, these golden-brown chicken legs and thighs are cooked to perfection in the air fryer, creating a healthier yet mouthwatering meal.
Hey there, all you fellow food enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to share a mouthwatering recipe that has made me the unofficial queen of comfort food in my home – Air Fryer Fried Chicken. It’s the kind of dish that’s not just delicious; it’s legendary. So, grab your apron and let’s dive into this delectable adventure together.
A cozy Sunday evening, and my family is gathered around the table. The kids are raving about their latest escapades, and my hubby’s eyes light up with anticipation because he knows what’s on the menu. Fried chicken has been a beloved tradition in my family for generations, and this air fryer version has made it even better.
How To Make Air Fryer Fried Chicken
With the heavenly aroma of seasoned flour and the warmth of buttermilk, this dish brings generations together. It all starts with skin-on chicken legs and thighs, getting the royal treatment of a buttermilk bath, eggs, salt, and black pepper. In a separate chamber of flavors, you mix all-purpose flour with garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika, onion powder, and more.
The chicken takes a double dip into this fragrant mix, creating a mouthwatering coat. Then, it’s showtime in the air fryer, prepped with a touch of oil for that perfect crisp. Cook until golden brown and temptingly irresistible, flipping midway. That’s it, a symphony of flavors that’ll turn any meal into a memorable occasion.
Need more Air Fryer Recipes? Try these:
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Donuts
- Air Fryer Fruit Scones
- Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Click here for my entire collection of Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Fried Chicken Recipe
Crispy and delicious, this Air Fryer Fried Chicken recipe yields perfectly golden-brown chicken with a flavorful coating, all without the need for deep frying. It’s a healthier and hassle-free way to enjoy classic fried chicken.
- 2 lbs skin-on chicken legs and thighs
- 2 c. buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Oil for spraying chicken – vegetable canola or olive oil
- Wash and pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a square baking dish whisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- In another square baking dish, whisk together flour, and seasonings.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture. Then dip in the buttermilk mixture and dredge in the flour mixture again.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Then place the chicken basket making sure to leave room around each piece to allow air to flow. Spray chicken with oil.
- Cook at 370 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, then flip chicken and spray with oil again.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Serve immediately
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container
Leftovers? No Problem!
If there happen to be any leftovers (though I highly doubt it!), store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They make for the perfect next-day snack or lunch.