As a busy housewife, I’m always looking for ways to simplify my cooking process without sacrificing flavor. That’s why I’m excited to share my Slow Cooker Quiche recipe with you. It’s a delicious and easy way to make a hearty meal for your family that requires minimal effort.
How To Make Slow Cooker Quiche At Home
As a busy housewife, I’m always on the lookout for quick and easy meal ideas that don’t compromise on taste. That’s why I love this Slow Cooker Quiche recipe. It’s a hearty and filling dish that requires minimal effort, making it the perfect choice for busy weeknights or lazy weekends.
I remember the first time I tried making quiche in the slow cooker, I was a bit skeptical. But after a few attempts and some tweaks to the recipe, I finally landed on a version that my whole family loves. The combination of bacon, vegetables, and cheese makes for a delicious and savory flavor that’s hard to resist.
Making this quiche is simple and straightforward. I start by prepping the ingredients, dicing the bacon and vegetables and whisking the eggs with the cream and cheese. I then mix everything together and pour it into a greased slow cooker lined with baking paper. After a few hours on high heat, the quiche is cooked through and ready to be finished in the oven for a few minutes to get that golden brown cheese on top.
How To Serve Slow Cooker Quiche
Once the quiche is ready, I slice it into portions and serve it hot. It’s the perfect meal for any time of day and always leaves my family feeling satisfied. So if you’re looking for a delicious and easy meal idea, give this Slow Cooker Quiche recipe a try. You won’t regret it!
Slow Cooker Quiche Recipe
As a housewife who loves cooking, I’m always looking for recipes that are both delicious and easy to make. This Slow Cooker Quiche recipe is one of my favorites. It’s a flavorful and hearty meal that requires minimal effort, making it perfect for busy weeknights.
- 8 Eggs (I used 700 grams)
- 250 grams of Diced Bacon
- 1/2 Cup of self-raising Flour
- 1/2 Cup of green Capsicum
- 1 1/2 Cups of Shallots
- 1 cup of Grated Cheese
- 600 ml Bottle of Cream
- Salt & pepper to season
- Place all the vegetables and bacon in a bowl, sprinkle over the flour, and mix thoroughly.
- Add the eggs, cream, cheese, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Grease the slow cooker and line it with baking paper. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Place a tea towel on top of the slow cooker, followed by the lid. Cook on high for 2 hours, then on low for 1-45 minutes.
- Remove the quiche from the slow cooker using the baking paper. Place it on a baking tray and top it with a little cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes to brown the top.
I used a 3-liter slow cooker, so if you have a larger one, your quiche won’t be as high.
If you can’t use cream, you can substitute it with milk, but only use 300 ml and add 2 extra eggs.
Tips and Tricks:
- To make the quiche even more flavorful, you can add some herbs or spices, such as thyme, parsley, or paprika.
- If you’re short on time, you can prepare the vegetables and bacon the night before and keep them in the fridge until you’re ready to cook.
- Leftover quiche can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.
I hope you enjoy this Slow Cooker Quiche recipe as much as my family does. It’s a versatile and delicious meal that’s perfect for any occasion. Let me know in the comments how your quiche turned out and if you made any modifications. Happy cooking!