Chicken Parmesan is just one of the meals at every Italian dining table in the US. I know why: it’s tasty! My low carbohydrate keto chicken parmesan recipe is quick, grain totally free, gluten-free, & as well as kid-approved!
Chicken Parmesan is among those recipes on the food selection at every Italian hotel across America. It is timeless, and there is a good reason, it’s tasty! However, it can be labor-intensive to make it in the house.
Keto Chicken Parmesan
I’ll never forget one Saturday 3 or 4 years ago. We invited over some good friends for dinner and decided to make chicken parm at the last minute. Not the brightest concept. I was still breading and pan-frying the chicken when my friends arrived. And afterward, it needed to bake for 45 mins. I believe we lastly consumed dinner after 8. Oops! I guarantee this baked reduced carbohydrate gluten cost-free chicken parmesan is much easier. It is an excellent easy keto diet dinner!
Whether chicken parmesan is keto or not?
Chicken parm is filled with flour, egg, and bread crumbs. It is not keto due to the flour as well as bread crumbs. Yet it is easy to swap out those components to make the chicken parmesan keto friendly.
Keto Chicken Parmesan
- 8 onus skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ onus pork rinds, crushed
- 1 onus grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp red pepper flakes (Optional)
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ cup jarred tomato sauce
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the broiler.
- Slice chicken breast through the middle horizontally from one side to within 1/2 inch of the other side. Open the two sides and spread them like an open book, then pound the chicken flat until about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix egg and cream in a bowl.
- Mix crushed pork rinds, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, ground black pepper, and Italian seasoning in a bowl, then put the bread on a plate.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, and coat thoroughly. Add chicken into breading; thickly coat both sides of the chicken.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat; add ghee/oil. Place chicken in the pan and cook until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Be careful to keep breading in place.
- Add the chicken to a baking sheet—cover with tomato sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until cheese is bubbling and barely browned about 2 minutes.