A quick, easy and delicious one-pot keto chocolate cake recipe! Updated with gluten-free, dairy-free, and egg-free options! and have only 2.7g carbs.
There are a lot of claims for the best chocolate cake recipe. I got it. But with one bite of a decadent moist chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, everyone around the table commented that this was the best chocolate cake they had ever tasted.
For my household, this chocolate cake recipe now holds that honor. As the compliments continued, I didn’t begin to tell them how easy it was to do so. In all honesty, it’s probably one of the easiest cupcakes I’ve made in a long time, but I just smiled and thanked them.
As we continued devouring the cake or drinking cold coffee or iced milk, the compliments kept coming. Then the prescription requests started. This is generally when you know that people would really like what you made if they asked for the recipe and told you about the event they’re planning to serve.
As a chef, this is truly one of the highest compliments you can receive – well, at least in my book.
Easy To Bake Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
It was great to hear that they thought the cake was as good after their last bite as they thought it was with their first bite.
This is another great thing about this recipe. Cake dough can be made in a bowl without the use of a heavy-duty mixer. Of course, this makes things easier, but this is an easy recipe my grandmother enjoyed making in her small kitchen using a whisk and a bowl. And I’m sure it would have ended perfectly, too.
I’m not going to kid you, this makes this chocolate cake recipe so rich and moist. So if you’re a chocolate cake person, this isn’t the cake for you. Based on this Old Fashioned Hershey recipe, I went a little too hard with a few changes to test one cake after another until I got it just the way I wanted it, but the end result was well worth it. The crumbs left on the plate gave that away.
Keto Chocolate Cake Recipe
- ⅓ cup water or milk of choice
- 2 ¼ tbsp baking powder
- 1½ cup fine almond flour
- 1½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup granulated erythritol or regular sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp dutch cocoa or additional regular
- ½ tbsp salt
- For a double layer cake, simply double the recipe and bake in two medium pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease the pan, and line with parchment.
- Stir all ingredients together very well, then spread into the pan. If needed, use a second sheet of parchment to smooth down.
- Bake 14 minutes on the center rack (some ovens require more baking time, so continue cooking until firm if needed).
- Let cool completely before frosting.
Keto Chocolate Cake Nutrition Facts (Based on 8 slices)
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 0.9g
Total Carb: 6g
Net Carbs: 2.7g
Dietary Fiber: 3.3g
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 4 points per slice