The Mexican Picadillo with Flour Tortillas is a dish that holds a special place in my heart. When I was growing up, my grandmother used to make this dish for us on special occasions. She would spend hours in the kitchen, carefully preparing each ingredient and adding her own special touch to the dish.
I remember the smell of the spices and vegetables as they simmered on the stove, filling our home with a warm and comforting aroma. And I remember the taste of the tender ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables, perfectly seasoned and served with warm flour tortillas.
Years later, I asked my grandmother for the recipe, and she gladly shared it with me. Now, whenever I make this dish, I am transported back to those happy memories of my childhood. And I feel grateful for the opportunity to share this recipe with my own family and friends, creating new memories and passing on a beloved family tradition.
Mexican Picadillo with Flour Tortillas Recipe
When it comes to comfort food, few things are as satisfying as a warm and hearty meal. The Mexican Picadillo with Flour Tortillas is a perfect example of a dish that is both comforting and delicious. With its rich blend of ground beef, vegetables, and spices, this dish is sure to please your taste buds and fill you up.
|Recipe Name||Mexican Picadillo with Flour Tortillas|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
To make this dish, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1½ cup beef broth
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown the ground beef: Start by heating a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook while breaking up the meat. Cook until mostly browned, drain the grease and return to heat.
- Add the vegetables: Add the diced onion, green bell pepper, and potatoes to the skillet. Continue to cook over medium heat until the onion and peppers are softened. Add garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the liquids and seasonings: Pour in the tomato sauce and beef broth. Add in the seasonings: salt, pepper, cumin, and coriander. Stir to combine. Add the bay leaf.
- Simmer: Bring the mixture to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Cook uncovered: Remove the lid, stir, and continue cooking with the lid off for an additional 10 minutes or until the potatoes are softened, and most of the liquid is gone.
- Serve: Serve warm with flour tortillas and rice.
Recommended Recipes 👇👇🤤
To make this dish even more delicious, you can experiment with different seasonings or add more vegetables. For example, you can add some diced carrots or celery for extra flavor and nutrition. You can also adjust the amount of spices to your liking. If you prefer your food spicier, you can add some chili powder or red pepper flakes.
When it comes to serving this dish, you can use flour tortillas, rice, or both. The flour tortillas can be warmed up on a skillet or in the oven for a few minutes to make them softer and more pliable. You can also add some shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, or cilantro to the dish to make it even more flavorful.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|