Introducing the mouthwatering Slow Cooker Baked Potato recipe! As a busy homemaker, I understand the importance of creating delicious meals with minimal effort. This recipe is the perfect solution, allowing you to enjoy the comforting flavors of baked potatoes without the hassle of using the oven. Let’s dive into the simple steps to prepare this delightful dish.
Gather Your Ingredients
To begin, gather your ingredients. You’ll need 12 medium-sized potatoes, sliced into rounds, giving you plenty of tasty potato bites. Prepare a tantalizing combination of diced bacon and onions, which will infuse the dish with their irresistible flavors.
Assemble the Layers of Flavor
Now, it’s time to assemble your slow cooker masterpiece. Start by creating a bed of potato slices at the bottom of your slow cooker. On top of this, add a generous handful of the flavorful bacon and onions. Continue layering the potatoes, bacon, and onions until you achieve your desired quantity.
Create the Creamy Seasoning Mixture
In a separate bowl, combine two containers of cream. If one of the cream containers is empty, you can utilize it as a measuring tool for the milk. Pour the milk into the bowl, joining forces with the cream. It’s time to add some seasoning! Sprinkle in salt, pepper, and garlic powder, adjusting the amounts to suit your taste preferences. Give the mixture a good stir, ensuring all the flavors meld together harmoniously.
Pour and Let the Magic Happen
Next, pour this creamy seasoning mixture over the layered potatoes, bacon, and onions in the slow cooker. The aromatic blend will seep through the ingredients, creating a rich and luscious texture as it simmers.
Now, cover the slow cooker with its lid and set it to high heat. Let the magic happen as the flavors meld together and the potatoes become tender. Allow it to cook for approximately two hours, allowing the ingredients to meld together.
After the initial two hours, reduce the heat to low and let it continue cooking for an additional two and a half hours. This gentle simmering will ensure that the potatoes absorb all the creamy goodness, resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth experience.
Add a Cheesy Finishing Touch
With only 30 minutes left of cooking time, it’s time to take your dish to the next level. Sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on top, letting it melt and create a gooey, golden crust that will have everyone’s taste buds tingling with anticipation.
Serve and Delight Your Taste Buds
Finally, as the aroma fills your kitchen, it’s time to serve up your delectable Slow Cooker Baked Potatoes. The creamy potatoes, savory bacon, and onions, and the irresistible cheese topping will make this dish an instant hit with your family and guests.
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Recipe
Indulge in the rich and creamy flavors of this Slow Cooker Baked Potato recipe, featuring layers of sliced potatoes, savory bacon, and onions, all smothered in a luscious cream sauce and topped with melted cheese. Let your slow cooker do the work while you enjoy a delicious and comforting meal.
- 12 medium potatoes, sliced
- Diced bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 containers (16 oz each) of cream
- Garlic powder
- Start by layering a bed of sliced potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle a handful of diced onions and bacon on top of the potatoes. Repeat this layering process until you have the desired amount.
- In a bowl, combine the cream from the two containers with enough milk to reach a desired consistency. Mix in salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Pour the cream mixture over the layered potatoes, onions, and bacon in the slow cooker, ensuring everything is well coated.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, reduce the heat to low and continue cooking for an additional 2.5 hours, or until the potatoes are tender and cooked through.
- When there’s approximately 30 minutes left of cooking time, sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Once the cheese has melted and the potatoes are fully cooked, your slow cooker baked potatoes are ready to be served.
Enjoy the Convenience of Slow Cooker Cooking
So go ahead and enjoy the convenience of this slow cooker recipe, savoring each bite of the tender potatoes and savoring the comforting flavors. Stay tuned for more mouthwatering recipes to make your culinary journey even more delightful. Bon appétit!
One thought on “Slow Cooker Baked Potato”
Can anyone help me with this? I live in an old folks home (they call it independent living) which feeds three meals a day. I get tired of institutional meals and have started cooking, with only a two-quart slow cooker, a microwave, and a toaster. Most of the slow cooker recipes say to brown the meat in a skillet before putting in the cooker. We don’t have stoves because they’re afraid us old people will catch the place on fire. How can I manage browning the meat?