There’s nothing like a warm, homemade dessert to bring everyone together. And what better dessert than a classic carrot cake? But, what if we told you that you could make this delicious treat in your slow cooker? That’s right! Today, we’re going to share with you a recipe for a Slow Cooker Carrot Cake that’s easy to make and absolutely delicious.
What Are The Ingredients To make Slow Cooker Carrot Cake
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake is a delicious and moist cake that is perfect for any occasion. To make this mouth-watering dessert, you will need unsweetened applesauce, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, grated carrots, shredded sweetened coconut, chopped nuts , vanilla extract, and crushed pineapple.
These ingredients come together to create a perfect balance of sweetness and texture, with the addition of pecans providing a delightful crunch. The crushed pineapple adds a unique tropical flavor that complements the sweetness of the carrots and coconut. Overall, these ingredients make for a scrumptious and flavorful cake that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
How To Make Slow Cooker Carrot Cake
Are you ready to make a delicious Slow Cooker Carrot Cake that will have your taste buds dancing with joy? Start by lining your slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner and spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Lay down two pieces of foil perpendicular to each other, making sure they hang over the edges of the slow cooker; these will be your handles later.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together unsweetened applesauce, sugar, and eggs until smooth. Then, whisk in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the grated carrots, shredded coconut, chopped nuts (if using), vanilla extract, and crushed pineapple (with the juice) to the bowl and stir gently until everything is well combined.
Gently pour the batter into the prepared slow cooker and place several folded paper towels between the lid and the slow cooker to absorb steam and keep it from dripping back onto the cake. Cook on low for 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours and 15 minutes, rotating the insert 90 degrees every 30 minutes or so. Check the cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. The cake should be slightly domed when done.
Once the cake is done, remove the insert from the slow cooker and let the cake cool in the insert for 30 minutes on a wire rack. Use the foil sling to lift the cake, still in the liner, out of the insert, and place it on a cooling rack. Gently remove the liner from the cake and let it cool completely before frosting it with the cream cheese frosting.
To make the frosting, beat softened butter and cream cheese together until nice and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and continue to beat until the frosting is nice and smooth. Frost the completely cooled cake, cutting it into layers if desired, and top with toasted coconut (optional).
Slow Cooker Carrot Cake Recipe
This Slow Cooker Carrot Cake recipe yields a moist and flavorful cake with a creamy cream cheese frosting that is perfect for any occasion.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||3 hours||3 hours 10 minutes||16 servings|
- 1¼ cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional – I used pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8.25 oz can crushed pineapple do not drain
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ½ cup butter softened
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- Lay down two pieces of foil perpendicular to each other making sure there is enough foil that it hangs over the edges of the slow cooker. These will be your handles later.
- Line your slow cooker with a Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together applesauce, sugar, and eggs.
- Whisk in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in carrots, coconut, nuts, vanilla extract, and pineapple.
- Gently pour batter into the prepared slow cooker.
- Place several folded paper towels between the lid and the slow cooker – this will absorb some of the steam and keep it from dripping back onto the cake.
- Cook on low for 2 hours 45 minutes to 3 hours and 15 minutes, rotating the insert 90 degrees every 30 minutes or so. (Not necessary if your slow cooker heats evenly.)
- Test if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. The cake should be slightly domed when done.
- Remove the insert from the slow cooker and place on a wire rack. Let the cake cool in the insert for 30 minutes.
- Use the foil sling to lift the cake, still in the liner, out of the insert. Place on a cooling rack. Gently remove liner from the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Beat the butter and cream cheese until nice and fluffy. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until nice and smooth.
- Frost the completely cooled cake, cutting into layers if desired.
- Top with toasted coconut (optional).
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Here is the nutrition table for Slow Cooker Carrot Cake.
|Nutrition Facts||Amount Per Serving|
This slow cooker carrot cake recipe is a fantastic option for those looking for a sweet treat that is easy to make and yields impressive results. The combination of grated carrots, pineapple, and coconut gives the cake a moist and flavorful texture that is perfectly complemented by the smooth and creamy cream cheese frosting. Whether you’re serving it for dessert or as a special treat for brunch, this cake is sure to impress your family and friends. So go ahead and give it a try, and let us know how it turns out!
One thought on “Slow Cooker Carrot Cake”
carrot cake is my favorite cake. What size slow cooker do you use for this cake?