Are you looking for a recipe that’s both easy to make and bursting with flavor? Look no further than this slow cooker crack chicken stuffed shells recipe. This dish is a twist on traditional stuffed shells, with a creamy and savory filling that’s sure to impress your family and friends.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells
This recipe is perfect for those busy weeknights when you want something easy to make, but still delicious and satisfying. It only takes about 20 minutes of prep time and then the slow cooker does all the work, making it a great option for those who don’t have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
The combination of creamy ricotta cheese, tangy sour cream, salty parmesan cheese, savory ranch seasoning, and tender shredded chicken creates a mouthwatering filling that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters. And the addition of cheddar or mozzarella cheese and bacon bits takes it to the next level of flavor.
Great Thing About These Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells
One of the great things about this recipe is that it can be made using either the baked method or the slow cooker method, depending on your preference and schedule. If you choose to bake it, the pasta shells will become slightly crispy on the edges, while the filling inside will become hot and gooey. If you opt for the slow cooker method, the shells will become tender and the filling will be perfectly cooked through.
Another benefit of this recipe is that it can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences. For example, if you prefer a spicier dish, you could add some diced jalapenos to the filling mixture or top the shells with some hot sauce. Or if you prefer a vegetarian version, you could swap the chicken for some sautéed vegetables like spinach, zucchini, or mushrooms.
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells Recipe
Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Stuffed Shells recipe is a delicious and versatile dish that is sure to become a family favorite. Whether you choose to bake it or use the slow cooker method, you can’t go wrong with the combination of creamy filling, cheesy topping, and crispy bacon bits.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Author||This Mom Cooks|
- 26 large stuffing shells
- 1 1/2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream *see note
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 oz. Ranch seasoning mix Add to taste *see notes
- 12.5 oz. canned chicken breast, drained. or 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar or Mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 16 oz. jarred alfredo sauce
- crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- Cook the pasta shells for only 5-7 minutes until they are pliable enough to fill, but not completely cooked through. Drain and allow them to cool.
- Combine ricotta and parmesan cheeses, sour cream, Ranch mix, shredded chicken, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fill each shell with around a tablespoon of filling and then place them into a 6-7 quart slow cooker.
- Pour alfredo sauce over the stuffed shells, then cover with the lid.
- Cook the stuffed shells for 2-3 hours on low until the filling is heated through and the shells have cooked through (do not overcook to avoid the shells becoming mushy).
- Top the shells with the remaining shredded cheese and bacon during the last 10 minutes of cooking. Allow the cheese to melt, then serve and enjoy!
- For the sour cream, you can substitute with Greek yogurt or cream cheese for a tangier flavor.
- Adjust the Ranch seasoning mix to your taste preference. You can add more or less depending on how strong you want the flavor to be.
This slow cooker crack chicken stuffed shells recipe is a delicious and easy way to enjoy a classic Italian dish with a twist. With a creamy and savory filling and a crispy bacon topping, this recipe is sure to become a new favorite in your household. Whether you prefer the baked method or the slow cooker method, this recipe is a great choice for a quick and satisfying meal. So why not give it a try today?