Are you looking for a delicious and guilt-free treat to satisfy your sweet tooth? Look no further than these Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins! This recipe is perfect for those following the Slimming World plan, as each muffin contains only a few syns, making it a great option for a snack or breakfast on the go.
To make these muffins, you’ll need just a few simple ingredients. First, you’ll need some plain flour, ripe bananas, and chocolate chips. You’ll also need some vanilla extract, sukrin: 1 (a sugar substitute), baking powder, baking soda, eggs, and spray oil.
How To Make Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins in Low Syn
To get started, preheat your oven to 180/350f (gas mark 4). Then, mix together the dry ingredients, including the flour, baking powder, and baking soda, in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, mash up your ripe bananas and mix in the sukrin: 1 and eggs. Then, add this mixture to the dry ingredients and stir everything together until well combined. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips.
Next, spray a muffin tray with some cooking spray to prevent the muffins from sticking. Use a spoon to divide the mixture evenly into 9 compartments of the baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 25 minutes, until the muffins are golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once your muffins are ready, take them out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before serving. These muffins are perfect for breakfast or as a snack, and they’re also a great option for meal prep. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days, or freeze them for up to a month.
Benefits of these Low Syn Banana Muffins
Not only are these muffins low in syns, but they’re also packed with flavor and nutrients. The bananas add a natural sweetness and a dose of potassium, while the chocolate chips provide a satisfying crunch and a hint of indulgence. Plus, they’re easy to make and perfect for when you need a quick and healthy snack.
Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
These muffins are not only easy to make, but they’re also low in syns, making them a great addition to your healthy eating plan. In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide on how to make these muffins, along with some tips on how to enjoy them.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Author||Yield|
|10 mins||25 mins||35 mins||Shevy||9 muffins|
- 100g (3.5oz) of plain flour – 17.5 syns
- 100g (3.5oz) of ripe banana – 4.5 syns
- 15g (1 tbs) of milk or dark chocolate chips – 4 syns
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ cup (8 tbs) of sukrin: 1
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- 3 eggs
- spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180/350f (gas mark 4)
- Add the flour, baking powder and soda to a bowl and mix to combine
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, add the sukrin:1 and mix together. Whisk in the eggs
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix till all combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Spray a muffin tray with spray oil
- Spoon the mixture into 9 compartments of the baking tray.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 mins, muffins should be golden and skewer entered into the centre should come out clean.
- Enjoy with some fruit and a cuppa.
Low Syn Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a must-try for anyone looking for a delicious and low-syn treat. They’re easy to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for meal prep. So why not give them a try today? You won’t be disappointed!