The Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Curry is a flavorful and hearty dish that is perfect for a comforting and satisfying meal. This recipe features a combination of sweet and savory flavors that come together to create a deliciously rich and aromatic curry.
How To Make Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Curry
The recipe starts with preparing the vegetables: sweet potato, onions, garlic, and carrots. These ingredients are chopped and placed at the bottom of the slow cooker. A green apple is also added to the mix, giving the dish a sweet twist.
Next, the chicken is placed on top of the vegetables and water and chicken stock cubes are added to the slow cooker. Curry powder, salt, and pepper are also added to give the dish a warm and spicy kick.
The slow cooker is set to cook on high for 5 hours, with the chicken occasionally being turned to ensure it cooks evenly. After the chicken is fully cooked, it is removed from the slow cooker and the meat is separated from the bones. The meat is then added back into the slow cooker along with frozen peas and corn, and cooked on low for an additional hour or so.
The final result is a thick and creamy curry with tender chicken and flavorful vegetables. If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can add a little sugar, and if the curry is too thin, you can thicken it with cream of chicken soup. This recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner at home, and the leftovers can be enjoyed for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Curry Recipe
This Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Curry is a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavors that make for a satisfying meal. Tender chicken is slow-cooked with sweet potatoes, onions, carrots, and a green apple, all seasoned with curry powder, salt, and pepper. Frozen peas and corn add an extra pop of color and texture to this comforting dish. Perfect for busy weeknights, this easy recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker and left to cook for hours, resulting in a deliciously hearty and aromatic meal.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 green apple, cored and chopped
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 cup of water
- 1 whole chicken
- Curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Frozen peas and corn
- Optional: sugar, cream of chicken cup of soup
- Place the sweet potato, onions, garlic, carrots, and apple in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Add the chicken stock cubes and water to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Season the whole chicken with curry powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in the slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, turning the chicken occasionally to ensure it cooks evenly.
- After 5 hours, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and use a fork to remove the meat from the bones. Discard the bones and return the chicken meat to the slow cooker.
- Add frozen peas and corn to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cook on low for an additional hour or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- If desired, add a little sugar to make the curry sweeter.
- If the curry is too thin, thicken it with a cream of chicken cup of soup. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Serve hot with rice or naan bread. Enjoy!
This Slow Cooker Sweet Chicken Curry is a delicious and easy recipe that can be enjoyed by the whole family. The combination of sweet potato, apple, and chicken creates a unique flavor that is both sweet and savory. Using a slow cooker makes this dish a breeze to prepare and allows the flavors to meld together perfectly. You can adjust the level of sweetness and thickness of the curry to your liking by following the optional steps. This recipe is perfect for a cozy family dinner or for meal prepping for the week ahead. Serve with rice or naan bread for a complete and satisfying meal.