Welcome to my kitchen, where I’m thrilled to share with you a delightful recipe that will transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise. This Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry is a symphony of flavors, combining tender chicken thighs, luscious mango slices, and aromatic spices to create a dish that is both comforting and exotic. Join me on this culinary journey as we explore the vibrant colors, tantalizing aromas, and irresistible taste of this mouthwatering curry.
The Inspiration Behind the Recipe
Every great recipe has a story, and this Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry is no exception. Inspired by my love for diverse cuisines and a desire to infuse a touch of tropical goodness into our daily meals, I embarked on a quest to create a curry that would tantalize the senses and bring a taste of the exotic to our dining table. Drawing inspiration from the abundance of ripe mangoes, fragrant spices, and the slow cooker’s convenience, this recipe was born.
The Key Ingredients
To create the perfect balance of flavors, we’ll need some key ingredients. Start with succulent chicken thighs, which lend a richness and depth to the curry. Next, we’ll incorporate the vibrant sweetness of mango slices, which will break down beautifully in the slow cooker, forming a luscious fruity sauce. Fragrant spices like turmeric and curry powder add warmth and complexity to the dish. Finally, we’ll use coconut milk, brown sugar, and a hint of tangy lemon or lime juice to tie all the flavors together.
The Slow Cooking Process
One of the joys of this recipe is the convenience of using a slow cooker. By allowing the ingredients to simmer gently over several hours, the flavors meld together, creating a harmonious and tender dish. As you prepare the mango, onion, carrots, and garlic, a symphony of aromas fills the kitchen, building anticipation for the mouthwatering meal to come.
Infusing the Chicken with Flavor
Before adding the chicken to the slow cooker, we’ll take a moment to enhance its taste. In a fry pan, we’ll brown the chicken thighs, allowing them to develop a delicious caramelized exterior. The golden hues and aromatic spices, such as turmeric and curry powder, create a tantalizing blend that infuses the meat with irresistible flavors. Once the chicken is browned to perfection, it’s time to transfer it to the slow cooker, ensuring to scrape in all the oil and spices from the frypan to maximize the curry’s depth of flavor.
Slow Cooking Magic
With all the ingredients combined in the slow cooker, it’s time for the magic to happen. Set the cooker to low heat and let it work its wonders for 4-6 hours, gradually transforming the raw ingredients into a fragrant and tender curry. As the hours pass, the aroma permeates the house, creating an anticipation that’s hard to resist.
Adding the Finishing Touches
During the final half hour of cooking, we’ll introduce some fresh green beans, allowing them to cook until tender and vibrant. Just before serving, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice brightens the flavors, adding a zesty tang that complements the sweetness of the mango. A sprinkle of fresh coriander brings a burst of freshness and an enticing visual appeal to the dish.
To complete this culinary masterpiece, I recommend serving the Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry with a generous helping of steamed rice. The fluffy rice acts as the perfect canvas to soak up the flavorful sauce and carry the exotic flavors to your palate.
Discover Related Topics:
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry Recipe
Savor the delightful blend of tender chicken thighs and a luscious mango-infused sauce in this Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry recipe.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||6 hours||6 hours 10 minutes|
- 425g tin mango slices
- 1 brown onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 1 tsp Massel* Chicken Stock Powder
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs oil
- 600g chicken thighs
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 100g green beans, halved
- Lemon or lime juice, to serve
- Coriander, to serve
- Drain mango slices and dice. Add them to the slow cooker along with the sliced onion, carrots, and garlic.
- Pour the coconut milk into the slow cooker. Add the Massel Chicken Stock Powder and brown sugar. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cut the chicken thighs into 4cm pieces. Working in batches, brown the chicken pieces well on all sides in the frying pan.
- Return all of the chicken to the pan and add the ground turmeric and curry powder. Stir well for 1 minute to coat the chicken with the spices.
- Transfer the chicken with the oil and spices from the frying pan into the slow cooker. Make sure to scrape in all the flavorful bits.
- Cook the mixture in the slow cooker on low heat for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- During the last half hour of cooking, add the halved green beans to the slow cooker.
- Just before serving, add lemon or lime juice to taste and garnish with coriander.
- Serve the Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry with steamed rice.
- If you can find mango puree, you can use it instead of sliced mango. However, the sliced mango will break down and create a fruity sauce in the slow cooker.
- When cutting the chicken thighs, make the pieces 4-6 cm each, depending on their size. Avoid making them too small, or they may disappear into the sauce.
- For an extra vegetable addition, you can add a few handfuls of baby spinach just before serving. Allow the spinach to wilt into the curry.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Enjoy your Slow Cooker Mango Chicken Curry!