If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dinner recipe, Slow Cooker Pepper Steak is a must-try. This hearty dish is perfect for those busy weeknights when you don’t have much time to cook. With tender slices of beef and a flavorful sauce, this pepper steak is sure to please everyone at the table.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
Growing up, Slow Cooker Pepper Steak was one of my favorite dishes that my mom would make. She would spend hours in the kitchen preparing all sorts of delicious meals for our family, but this recipe was always one of my go-to comfort foods.
The flavors of the tender beef, the sweet brown sugar, and the savory soy sauce all blend together perfectly to create a meal that’s both hearty and flavorful. And because it’s cooked in a slow cooker, the meat becomes incredibly tender and practically melts in your mouth.
I’ve continued to make Slow Cooker Pepper Steak as an adult, and it never fails to bring back fond memories of my childhood. It’s a classic recipe that I know I’ll continue to enjoy for years to come.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak Recipe
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can serve it over rice or mashed potatoes, or even add some steamed vegetables on the side. It’s a great option for a family dinner or a casual get-together with friends.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|6-8||15 min||6 hours||6 hours 15 min|
Note: The prep time includes the time needed to cut the steak into strips, coat it with corn starch, and slice the onions and peppers. It does not include the time needed to brown the steak or mix together the sauce.
- 3 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 green peppers, sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- Cut the flank steak into thin strips and place them in a large ziplock bag.
- Add the corn starch to the bag, seal it, and shake well to coat the steak evenly.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the coated steak to the skillet and brown it on all sides, stirring occasionally. This should take about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the minced garlic, soy sauce, water, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Transfer the browned steak to a slow cooker and pour the sauce over it. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 6 hours.
- After 4 1/2 hours, add the sliced onions, green peppers, and red peppers to the slow cooker. Mix well to combine the ingredients.
- Cover the slow cooker and continue cooking for an additional 1 1/2 hours, until the vegetables are tender and the steak is fully cooked.
- Slow Cooker Roast Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Broccoli
- Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder
This recipe makes enough Slow Cooker Pepper Steak to serve 6-8 people. It pairs well with a side of rice, mashed potatoes, or steamed vegetables. Garnish with fresh herbs like chopped parsley or cilantro for an extra burst of flavor.
- To save time, you can prep the steak and vegetables the night before and store them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to cook.
- For a spicier version of this dish, add some red pepper flakes or a few dashes of hot sauce to the sauce mixture.
- If you prefer your vegetables to be more crunchy, add them to the slow cooker during the last 30 minutes of cooking instead of the last 1 1/2 hours.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights or casual dinners with friends and family. With tender strips of beef and a flavorful sauce, this recipe is sure to please everyone at the table. The addition of colorful bell peppers and onions provides a healthy dose of vegetables, making it a well-rounded meal. Plus, because it’s made in a slow cooker, you can set it and forget it, allowing you to focus on other tasks while it cooks. Overall, this classic recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves hearty, flavorful dishes. Give it a try and you won’t be disappointed!