If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious meal that is easy to make, then look no further than this slow cooker zucchini slice recipe. Packed with protein and vegetables, this dish is perfect for any meal of the day and is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
Why I Love Slow Cooker Zucchini Slice
Growing up, my mother always made a delicious zucchini slice that was a family favorite. However, the traditional recipe required a lot of preparation and was cooked in the oven for almost an hour. So, I decided to try making a slow cooker version of this classic dish, and it turned out to be a game changer!
Not only is this slow cooker zucchini slice much easier and quicker to make, but it also comes out perfectly every time. The edges are crispy and golden brown, while the center is fluffy and packed with flavor. Plus, the added bacon and cheese make this dish even more indulgent and satisfying.
Whenever I make this slow cooker zucchini slice for my family or friends, they always ask for the recipe. It’s become a staple in our household and is perfect for busy weeknights when you want a healthy and hearty meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Zucchini Slice Recipe
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 6 short cut bacon rashers (sliced & cubed)
- 3 medium sized zucchinis (grated, water squeezed out)
- 2 medium sized carrots (grated, water squeezed out)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1-2 cups grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Begin by lining the slow cooker with baking paper (bottom and sides), and spraying oil on the baking paper to prevent sticking.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and stir in the flour until well combined.
- Add in the sliced and cubed bacon, grated zucchinis, grated carrots, diced onion, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined slow cooker and smooth out the surface with a spatula.
- Place a towel under the lid to absorb any excess moisture and cook on high for 2.5 – 3.0 hours, or until the top is golden brown and the edges are crispy.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the slow cooker zucchini slice from the slow cooker and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
This delicious slow cooker zucchini slice can be served in many ways. You can slice it into squares and serve it as a main dish with a salad on the side. Alternatively, you can cut it into smaller pieces and serve it as a snack or appetizer. This dish is also great for breakfast, either on its own or with a side of avocado or tomato.
- When grating the zucchinis and carrots, be sure to squeeze out any excess water to prevent the slice from becoming too soggy.
- You can use any type of cheese you prefer, or even a combination of different cheeses for added flavor.
- If you want to add a bit of spice to this dish, you can sprinkle some chili flakes or paprika on top before cooking.
So, if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy zucchini, or just want a tasty and easy meal, give this slow cooker zucchini slice recipe a try. I promise you won’t be disappointed!
One thought on “Slow Cooker Zucchini Slice”
I am going to try this recipe.