This delicious Chicken Fried Rice recipe is not only incredibly flavorful but also fits perfectly into a healthy lifestyle. It is a great choice for those following the Slimming World or Weight Watchers program, as it is gluten-free and dairy-free.
Cooking the Rice and Preparing the Ingredients
To start, cook the rice according to the package instructions, and while it’s cooking, prepare the other ingredients. You’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breast or thigh, which is cooked to perfection in a frying pan with a sprinkle of black pepper. The chicken is then coated with a tablespoon of soy sauce, giving it a savory and slightly tangy flavor. Once golden and coated, set the chicken aside for later.
Sautéing Aromatics and Veggies
In the same pan, you’ll sauté a combination of diced onion, crushed garlic, and freshly grated ginger until they become fragrant and tender. Next, add diced carrot, chopped mushrooms, peas, and red bell pepper, cooking them for a few minutes until they are slightly softened.
Combining Chicken, Veggies, and Rice
Now it’s time to reintroduce the chicken back into the pan along with the cooked rice. Using the back of a wooden spoon, gently break up any clumps of rice and ensure that all the ingredients are evenly mixed. To enhance the flavors, add a teaspoon of sesame oil and another tablespoon of soy sauce, stirring everything together until it is well-coated.
Enhancing the Flavors
Create a small hole in the middle of the mixture and spray it with a little cooking oil. Pour in the beaten eggs and stir gently as they begin to cook. Gradually incorporate the eggs into the rice, creating a delightful blend of textures.
Finally, add the finishing touch by sprinkling chopped spring onions over the dish. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste preference. Now, you can sit down and enjoy this wholesome and satisfying meal that is as healthy as it is delicious.
Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
Savor the flavors of this gluten-free and dairy-free Chicken Fried Rice recipe, perfect for both Slimming World and Weight Watchers. With tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and a burst of Asian-inspired seasonings, it’s a healthy and delicious dish that will satisfy your cravings while keeping you on track with your goals.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
|Total Time||25 minutes|
- 2 cups of rice, cooked
- 200g/7oz boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh, raw
- 1 small onion, diced small
- half red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 small carrot, diced small
- 4 small mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup of frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil – 2 syns
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- salt and black pepper
- Spray a frying pan over a medium high heat with some cooking oil spray
- Add the chicken, season with black pepper and fry till golden, add in 1 tbs of soy sauce and toss to coat, remove and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook for a few mins to soften.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, peas and red pepper and fry for a further couple of mins.
- Add back the chicken, and the cooked rice, and using a the back of a the wooden spoon break up any big clumps of rice.
- Add the the sesame oil and remaining tablespoon of soy sauce and stir to evenly coat.
- Make a hole in the middle of the mixture, spray with a little cooking oil and pour in the beaten eggs, stirring the egg just till it starts egg to cook and then you can mix it all into the rice.
- Add some chopped spring onions
- Season as needed with salt and black pepper.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Slimming World and Weight Watchers friendly
- Extra Easy – 1 syn per serving
- WW Smart Points – 6 per serving (use chicken breast)
- Gluten Free – use a gluten free soy sauce
Here are the nutrition details for this recipe:
Enjoying a Wholesome and Healthy Meal
With only 1 syn per serving on Slimming World and 6 Smart Points on Weight Watchers (using chicken breast), this Chicken Fried Rice recipe allows you to indulge in a flavorful and filling dish while still staying on track with your healthy eating goals. So go ahead, savor every bite of this gluten-free delight!