If you’re looking for an easy and hassle-free way to make delicious baked jacket potatoes, then look no further than your slow cooker. This simple recipe only requires a few ingredients and a little bit of patience, but the end result is well worth the wait.
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Jacket Potatoes
To start, gather your ingredients: 4+ jacket potatoes, olive oil, and salt. You’ll want to use potatoes that are about 230g each, and if they’re larger than 260g each, you may need to add some extra cooking time. Make sure to wash and prick each potato all over with a fork about four times.
How To make Slow Cooker Baked Jacket Potatoes
Next, pour some olive oil into the bottom of your slow cooker and roll all sides of the potato skins into it. Alternatively, you can use spray oil instead. Sprinkle some salt on both sides of the potatoes for flavor.
For the best results, cover the slow cooker with a tea towel before placing the lid on top. This will help to create crispy skin by preventing condensation from the lid dripping onto the potatoes.
Now it’s time to let the slow cooker do its thing. You can cook the potatoes on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. If you’re looking for crispy skin, the high setting is recommended. Make sure to check the potatoes with a knife to ensure that they’re soft throughout before serving.
How To Serve
Once the potatoes are cooked to perfection, you can serve them with your favorite toppings. Some popular options include butter, cheese, sour cream, chives, or bacon bits. You can also get creative and experiment with different toppings to find your perfect combination.
Discover Related Topics:
Slow Cooker Baked Jacket Potatoes Recipe
|Prep Time||5 mins|
|Cook Time||4 hrs|
|Total Time||4 hrs 5 mins|
- 4 + Jacket Potato about 230g
- ½ tablespoon Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash and prick each potato all over with a fork about four times. Most slow cookers will fit at least 4 large potatoes, you can cook more, as many as will fit in a single layer in the slow cooker.
- Pour oil into the bottom of the slow cooker and roll all sides of the potato skins into it. Or use spray oil instead.
- Sprinkle with salt on both sides.
- For best results use a tea towel over the slow cooker pot before placing the lid on. This helps create crispy skin by preventing condensation from the lid dripping onto the potatoes.
- Place lid on top, cook in the slow cooker
High – 4 hours (Preferred method for crispy skin)
Low – 8 hours
- Remove the lid, check soft throughout with a knife.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Overall, slow cooker baked jacket potatoes are an easy and delicious side dish that can be enjoyed all year round. Whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just looking for a simple dinner option, this recipe is sure to please. Give it a try and see for yourself just how easy and tasty it can be.