If you’re looking for a comforting and delicious meal to serve up to your family, then look no further than this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole! This recipe is easy to make and full of flavor, and it’s sure to become a favorite in your household. Let’s get started!
A Delicious Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
As a busy mom, I’m always on the lookout for easy and delicious recipes that I can make for my family. This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole has become a go-to recipe for me, as it’s not only easy to make, but it’s also a hit with my family.
I love how versatile this recipe is, as you can easily switch up the ingredients to suit your tastes. For example, you could use cream of chicken soup instead of cream of mushroom soup, or add in some extra veggies like carrots or bell peppers. The possibilities are endless!
What Ingredients We Need
This recipe calls for simple, yet delicious ingredients that can easily be found at your local grocery store. The star of the show is the rotisserie chicken, which adds a ton of flavor and protein to the casserole. The broccoli adds a healthy touch to the dish, while the cream of mushroom soup and cheddar cheese add a comforting creaminess that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
How To Make Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
To begin, start by stirring together the stuffing and chicken broth in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 3 minutes, or until the stuffing has absorbed all of the liquid. Then, pour the stuffing mixture into the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients, except for the chicken and cheese. Give it a good stir, cover, and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until the broccoli is tender.
About 20 minutes before the cooking time is up, add in the shredded chicken and give everything a good stir. Then, top the casserole with the shredded cheddar cheese and let it melt for about 20 minutes or until it’s fully melted and bubbly.
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole makes for a great main dish and can be served with a side of your choice, such as rice or mashed potatoes. It’s also a great recipe to make ahead of time and freeze for later use.
Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 10.5 oz can cream of mushroom soup OR cream of chicken
- 6 oz box stovetop chicken stuffing
- 1 rotisserie chicken cleaned of all bones and shredded
- 12 oz bag broccoli cuts thawed
- Stir together stuffing and chicken broth and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Pour into slow cooker with remaining ingredients except the chicken and the cheese and stir.
- Cover and cook on low until broccoli is tender, or 2-3 hours.
- 20 minutes before time is set to be done add in the shredded chicken and stir.
- Top with the cheese and remove after 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- If you don't have a slow cooker, this recipe can also be made in the oven. Simply preheat the oven to 350°F, and bake the casserole for 30-35 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- You can also add in some additional seasonings to this recipe, such as garlic powder or onion powder, to give it some extra flavor.
- If you're looking to cut down on prep time, you can use frozen broccoli instead of fresh. Just be sure to thaw it out before adding it to the slow cooker.
This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole is a recipe that I highly recommend trying out. It’s easy to make, packed full of flavor, and is sure to be a hit with your family. So why not give it a try tonight?