There’s something magical about coming home to the aroma of a home-cooked meal, especially when it’s a dish as comforting and flavorful as Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur. This classic French dish takes tender chicken thighs and combines them with a medley of vegetables and a rich, savory sauce. The best part? It’s incredibly simple to make, thanks to the convenience of a slow cooker. In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the steps to create this delicious dish that will have your taste buds singing.
Discover Related Topics:
Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur Recipe
Indulge in the rich flavors of Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur, a classic French dish made with tender chicken thighs, savory vegetables, and a delightful tomato-based sauce. This easy-to-make recipe will leave you savoring every bite.
|10 minutes||4 hours 7 minutes||4 hours 17 minutes||2|
Before we dive into the cooking process, let’s take a quick look at the ingredients you’ll need:
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 4 chicken thighs
– 2 pinches of sea salt and black pepper
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 carrots, sliced
– 3 garlic cloves, crushed
– 220 g (2.25 cups) button mushrooms, quartered
– 175 ml (0.75 cups) white wine
– 400 ml (1.75 cups) chicken stock
– 1 tablespoon tomato puree
– 200 g (1.33 cups) chopped tomatoes (tinned)
– 0.5 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Season the chicken thighs with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and brown them for about 4 minutes on one side. Flip them over and brown for an additional 3 minutes on the other side.
3. Transfer the browned chicken thighs to the slow cooker.
4. Add the finely chopped onion, sliced carrots, crushed garlic cloves, and quartered button mushrooms to the slow cooker.
5. In a jug, combine the chicken stock, white wine, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, and dried thyme. Mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker, ensuring that everything is evenly coated. Be careful not to break the chicken thighs while mixing.
7. Set the slow cooker to high heat and let it cook for 4 hours, allowing the flavors to meld together and the chicken to become tender.
Tips and Notes:
– While slow cooking doesn’t release a lot of liquid, be cautious not to add too much liquid to the dish, as it may result in excess liquid.
– If your chicken chasseur turns out too thin, you can thicken the sauce with a cornflour slurry or add some gravy granules to achieve the desired consistency.
– Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on your preferences. You can add bell peppers, peas, or even potatoes to customize the dish to your liking.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Chicken Chasseur is a fantastic option for those seeking a delicious and hassle-free meal. By combining tender chicken thighs with a flavorful blend of vegetables and a rich tomato-based sauce, you’ll create a dish that is sure to impress. The slow cooking process allows the flavors to develop and meld together, resulting in a dish that is bursting with taste. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or simply want to indulge in a comforting dinner, this recipe is a winner. Give it a try and let your taste buds embark on a delightful culinary journey.