As a dedicated housewife, I am always on the lookout for delicious and versatile recipes that bring joy to my family’s taste buds. Today, I am thrilled to share with you a recipe that is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen: Slow Cooker Lemon Butter (Curd). This luscious and tangy spread is bursting with the bright flavors of lemon, making it a perfect companion for toast, scones, or as a filling for cakes and tarts.
An Enchanting Citrus Symphony
The Slow Cooker Lemon Butter (Curd) is a symphony of flavors, blending the sweetness of sugar, the zesty aroma of finely grated lemon rind, and the tartness of freshly squeezed lemon juice. These ingredients come together harmoniously to create a velvety and tangy curd that will leave your taste buds dancing with delight.
8 Eggs (Whisked): The eggs form the base of this luxurious lemon butter, providing richness and a smooth texture.
1 1/2 Cups of White Sugar: The sugar adds sweetness to balance the tartness of the lemons and creates a luscious consistency.
3-4 Teaspoons of Finely Grated Lemon Rind: The lemon rind infuses the curd with a vibrant citrus aroma, enhancing its flavor profile.
1 Cup of Lemon Juice: The star ingredient, lemon juice, brings the tangy essence to this delightful spread. Make sure to juice fresh lemons for the best flavor.
250g Butter: The butter adds richness and creaminess to the curd, making it smooth and velvety.
Unleashing the Magic in Your Slow Cooker
Grating the Lemon Rind and Juicing the Lemons: Begin by grating the lemon rind, ensuring that it is finely grated to release maximum flavor. Cut and juice the lemons, ensuring there are no pips.
Whisking the Eggs: In a bowl, crack and whisk eight eggs until they are well beaten and combined.
Combining the Ingredients in the Slow Cooker: Pour all the ingredients, including the whisked eggs, into the slow cooker. This magical pot will work its wonders to transform the ingredients into a delectable lemon butter.
Melting the Butter: Turn the slow cooker on high heat and stir the mixture continuously until the butter has completely melted. The aroma of lemon and butter will fill your kitchen, creating an ambiance of anticipation.
Cooking and Thickening the Lemon Butter: Once the butter has melted, reduce the heat to low and place a tea towel under the slow cooker lid. Allow the mixture to cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the lemon butter reaches a thick consistency. Remember to stir the mixture every 20 minutes to ensure even cooking.
A Dash of Nostalgia
As the lemon butter simmers in the slow cooker, memories come flooding back to me. I remember my grandmother, with her hands stained with lemon juice, carefully crafting lemon curd in her kitchen. The aroma would fill the entire house, drawing us in with the promise of something extraordinary. Today, I carry on that tradition, recreating that nostalgic taste in my own home.
A Jar of Sunshine
Once the lemon butter has thickened to perfection, it is time to transfer it into jars. Carefully remove the jars from the oven and pour the golden curd into each one, filling them to the brim. Seal the jars with their lids, locking in the flavors of summer and sunshine.
Discover Related Topics:
Slow Cooker Lemon Butter (Curd)
- 8 Eggs (whisked)
- 1½ cups White Sugar
- 3 tbsp Finely grated Lemon Rind
- 1 cup Lemon Juice (approximately 7-8 lemons)
- 250 g Butter
- Grate the lemon rind and then cut and juice the lemons, making sure there are no pips.
- Crack 8 eggs into a bowl and whisk them until well combined.
- In the slow cooker, combine the whisked eggs, white sugar, finely grated lemon rind, lemon juice, and butter.
- Turn the slow cooker on High and constantly keep stirring until the butter has completely melted.
- Once melted, turn the slow cooker to Low and place a tea towel under the lid. Let it cook for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the mixture has thickened to a curd-like consistency. Stir the mixture every 20 minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
- Once the Lemon Butter is done, sterilize the jars you plan to store it in by placing them in the oven at 225°F (110°C) for 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the jars from the oven and pour the Lemon Butter into the jars while it is still hot. Put on the lids tightly.
- Allow the Lemon Butter to cool completely before refrigerating. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Enjoy the tangy and velvety goodness of Slow Cooker Lemon Butter (curd) on toast, scones, pancakes, or use it as a filling for pastries and cakes.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Need more slow cooker recipes? Try these:
- Slow Cooker Easy Creamy Chicken Curry
- Slow Cooker Chicken Carbonara
- Slow Cooker Baked Potato
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Click here for my entire collection of Slow Cooker Recipes