If you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and comforting meal to serve your family or guests, then look no further than this slow cooker pork roast recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep work, you can create a succulent, tender, and flavorful pork roast that will leave everyone at the table asking for seconds.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast
I remember the first time I made this slow cooker pork roast recipe. It was a chilly fall day, and I was craving something warm, hearty, and comforting. I had never made a pork roast before, but I was intrigued by the simplicity of this recipe and the promise of a fall-apart tender meat.
As I prepared the ingredients and placed the pork roast in the slow cooker, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation. The aroma of the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and honey filled my kitchen, and I knew that something delicious was in the works.
As the pork roast cooked low and slow for 10 hours, I went about my day, checking on it every once in a while and savoring the delicious smells that wafted through my home. When it was finally time to serve the pork roast, I ladled out some of the juices and mixed it with cornstarch to create a thick and flavorful sauce that perfectly complemented the tender meat.
As I took my first bite of the slow cooker pork roast, I was blown away by how delicious it was. The meat practically melted in my mouth, and the flavors were perfectly balanced and savory. I couldn’t believe that I had made something so delicious with just a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker.
Since then, this slow cooker pork roast has become a staple in my kitchen, and I love making it for family dinners, potlucks, and even holiday gatherings. It’s always a crowd pleaser, and I love how easy it is to prepare. I can throw everything into the slow cooker in the morning, and by dinnertime, I have a delicious and satisfying meal that everyone loves.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast Recipe
One of the things I love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. You can adjust the sweetness level to your liking by adding more or less honey, and you can even add in some additional herbs or spices to give it a different flavor profile. You can also cook it in an Instant Pot if you’re short on time, or if you prefer a slightly different texture.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||5 hours 59 min||6 hours 9 min||8|
- 2-4 lb pork roast
- 1 cup broth
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2-4 TBSP honey
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Place the pork roast in the slow cooker.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, whisk together the broth, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, and minced garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 10-12 hours or on high for 6-8 hours, until the pork roast is fall-apart tender.
- Prior to serving, ladle out about 1/4 cup of the juice in the crock pot and strain it into a measuring cup.
- Whisk in 2 tsp cornstarch and add in enough juice to make 1 cup.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and whisk again.
- Drizzle the sauce over the pork roast prior to serving.
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Roasted Vegetables and Cheese Sauce
- 1 boneless pork roast
- Garlic cloves
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Red onion
- Oil spray
- Cheese sauce
- Gravox (traditional)
- Preheat the slow cooker on low.
- Remove the netting and crackling from the pork roast. Cut up some garlic cloves and stuff them inside slits in the pork. Sprinkle mixed herbs, salt, and pepper on the pork. Dry the crackling with a paper towel and put it in the fridge for a few hours with a bit of salt on top.
- Spray the slow cooker with a little bit of oil. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker for 5 hours sitting on 2 egg rings.
- 3 hours into cooking the pork, place peeled and cut potatoes, pumpkin, carrot, and red onion around the pork in the slow cooker.
- Once the veggies are soft, take them out and put them in the oven to crisp up. Along with cauliflower and broc in cheese sauce which was prepared earlier.
- Take the pork out of the slow cooker after 5 hours, slice it and set it aside.
- Use the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker with two tablespoons of traditional Gravox to make a gravy.
- Place the crackling in the oven to get it crispy.
- Enjoy the Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Roasted Vegetables and Cheese Sauce!
- You can use any type of pork roast for this recipe, but we recommend using a pork shoulder or pork butt for the best results.
- Be sure to use low-sodium soy sauce to avoid over-salting the pork roast.
- You can adjust the amount of honey used in the recipe to your desired level of sweetness.
- If you don’t have cornstarch, you can use flour as a thickening agent instead.
This slow cooker pork roast is perfect for a cozy family dinner, a Sunday supper, or even a special occasion. You can serve it with a side of roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or rice for a complete and satisfying meal. The leftovers also make great sandwiches or salads for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
This slow cooker pork roast is a must-try recipe for anyone who loves comfort food and easy, no-fuss cooking. It’s a great way to elevate a simple pork roast into something truly special, and it’s a recipe that you’ll want to make again and again. So, the next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying meal, give this slow cooker pork roast a try and see for yourself just how amazing it can be!