If you’re looking for a recipe that’s easy to prepare, but still packs a punch in terms of flavor, then slow cooker pork shoulder is definitely worth trying. This recipe requires minimal effort, but delivers tender and juicy pork that will have your taste buds dancing with joy. With just a few simple ingredients and a slow cooker, you can have a delicious meal ready to serve in no time.
Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder
This slow cooker pork shoulder recipe has been in my family for generations. It was originally passed down from my great-grandmother, who was known for her delicious home-cooked meals. She used to make this recipe every Sunday for family dinners, and it quickly became a family favorite.
Over the years, my grandmother and mother have both made their own tweaks to the recipe, but the basic ingredients and cooking method have remained the same. Whenever we have a family gathering, someone always volunteers to make the slow cooker pork shoulder, and it’s always a hit.
What I love most about this recipe is how easy it is to make. You can literally throw all the ingredients into a slow cooker and forget about it until it’s ready. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends when you want a delicious meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
Slow Cooker Pork Shoulder Recipe
The slow cooker pork shoulder is also incredibly versatile. You can serve it with roasted potatoes, a big green salad, mustard, and warmed baguettes, as suggested in the recipe. Or, you can use it as a filling for tacos, sandwiches, or even a pizza topping. The possibilities are endless!
|6 hrs 15 mins – 8 hrs 15 mins
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5kg piece pork shoulder
- 250ml white wine
- 250ml chicken stock
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 garlic bulb
- Remove the fat from the pork shoulder and season with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Brown the pork shoulder on all sides then transfer to a slow cooker.
- Add all the other ingredients to the slow cooker, then cook on low for 6-8 hours until the meat pulls apart easily with two forks.
- Once the pork is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and place it on a plate. Shred the meat with two forks, then remove the herbs from the sauce and squeeze the garlic cloves back into the pot.
- Place the shredded meat back into the sauce for extra flavor, then serve with roasted new potatoes, a big green salad, mustard, and warmed baguettes.
When cooking this recipe, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get the best results possible:
- Make sure to remove the fat from the pork shoulder before cooking. This will help the meat cook evenly and prevent it from becoming too greasy.
- If you don’t have a slow cooker, you can still make this recipe using a Dutch oven or a heavy-bottomed pot. Simply cook the pork shoulder in the pot over low heat for several hours until it’s tender and pulls apart easily.
- You can use either fresh or dried herbs in this recipe. If using dried herbs, use about half the amount called for in the recipe.
- For extra flavor, you can add chopped onions and carrots to the slow cooker along with the other ingredients.
|Per serving (8)
If you’re looking for a simple yet delicious recipe that’s perfect for any occasion, give this slow cooker pork shoulder a try. With just a few ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal ready to serve in no time. It’s a classic recipe that has stood the test of time and has been enjoyed by generations. So, the next time you’re in the mood for some tender and flavorful pork, grab your slow cooker and give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!