Looking for a low point tortilla? The Mission low carb tortillas are 2 personal points per tortilla, Ole’ Wellness Extreme Wraps are 1 personal point per tortilla, or Mission white corn tortillas are 3 personal points for 2 tortillas. Packed with vibrant colors and bold flavors, this recipe is a perfect choice for a satisfying and guilt-free dinner.
How To Make Zero Point Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Preparation is quick and easy, with just 10 minutes of prep time. You’ll start by combining a flavorful blend of spices including chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt, oregano, and black pepper. This fajita seasoning adds a zesty kick to the succulent shrimp, making every bite a burst of deliciousness.
Next, you’ll peel and devein the shrimp, removing the tails, and place them in a large zip lock bag along with the fajita seasonings. Give it a good shake until the shrimp are well coated, ensuring that every piece is infused with the aromatic flavors.
For the colorful array of vegetables, you’ll slice up green, red, yellow, and orange bell peppers, as well as a small yellow onion. These veggies will be the perfect complement to the shrimp, adding both texture and a healthy dose of vitamins.
Now, it’s time to assemble your sheet pan. Line it with aluminum foil and give it a light spray of non-stick cooking spray to prevent any sticking. Spread the sliced onions and bell peppers on the pan, creating a bed of vibrant colors. Then, pop it into a preheated oven at 425 degrees and let the magic happen.
After 30 to 35 minutes of roasting, your vegetables will be tender and slightly caramelized. It’s time to add the seasoned shrimp to the mix. Arrange them evenly over the vegetables, ensuring they’re spread out in a single layer. If you’re using cooked shrimp, simply bake for an additional 7 to 10 minutes to heat them through. However, if you’re using raw shrimp, you’ll want to increase the cooking time to 15 to 20 minutes to ensure they’re fully cooked.
Once out of the oven, give the sheet pan a gentle stir, allowing the flavors to meld together. For a refreshing touch, drizzle some lime juice over the top. The tangy citrus adds a bright note that complements the savory shrimp and veggies perfectly.
Now, it’s time to savor the fruits of your labor. Serve the delicious shrimp fajitas on top of a low point tortilla, over rice, cauliflower rice, or enjoy them as is. The possibilities are endless!
The best Part
The best part? This recipe is not only incredibly flavorful but also incredibly healthy. With zero Smart Points on the Green and Blue plans and packed with nutritious ingredients, you can indulge guilt-free. Plus, it’s easy to customize to your liking. If you prefer chicken, simply substitute it for the shrimp and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
You can even make a batch of these shrimp fajitas ahead of time and store them in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them for up to a month. When you’re ready to enjoy, simply thaw and reheat. It’s a convenient and tasty option for busy days.
Zero Point Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
Deliciously seasoned shrimp and vibrant, roasted peppers and onions come together in this easy and healthy Zero Point Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas recipe. A flavorful and guilt-free meal that’s perfect for weight watchers.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Additional Time||25 minutes|
|Total Time||1 hour 5 minutes|
|Author||The Pound Dropper|
Shrimp Fajita Ingredients:
- 1 lb. large or x-large cooked or raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 green pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 red yellow pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded, sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1/2 lime, juiced, optional
Fajita Seasoning Ingredients:
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika or smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a small mixing bowl combine all seasonings. Stir until well combined.
- Rinse the cooked shrimp and pull the tails off each shrimp.
- Place shrimp inside of a large zip lock bag. Pour fajita seasonings over the shrimp in the large zip lock bag. Seal bag and shake all ingredients together until the shrimp is well coated.
- Deseed and slice the peppers and onions.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray the aluminum foil with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the sliced onion and bell peppers onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook in the preheated oven oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from oven and add the shrimp directly to the sheet pan with the vegetables. Spreading the shrimp out evenly over the all the vegetables.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven for another 7-10 more minutes if using cooked shrimp. If using raw shrimp-increase the cooking time to 15-20 minutes to ensure they are full cooked.
- Remove from oven. Stir gently to allow the seasoning to combine with vegetables and shrimp.
- Drizzle lime juice over the top, if desired.
- Serve on top of a low point tortilla, over rice, cauliflower rice, or as is.
- Makes 4 ( 1 and 1/4 cup) servings
0 Points per serving
Weight Watchers Points Calculator
- You can substitute the shrimp for 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken tenders for the same point value. Increase the cooking time to 30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- These shrimp fajitas can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to a month. To thaw-place in the fridge overnight and reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes.
- This recipe can be divided into single size serving containers along with 1 cup cauliflower rice or 1 cup frozen Trader Joe’s cauliflower stir fry rice for an easy meal prep meal. Then when you are ready to eat just cook in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Add non fat plain Greek yogurt or non fat sour cream, avocado or salsa.
Smartpoints: GREEN: 1 SmartPoints per serving or 3 SmartPoints for 2 servings BLUE: ZERO SmartPoints per serving PURPLE: ZERO SmartPoints per serving.
|Nutrition Information||Amount Per Serving|
So, why not treat yourself to a satisfying meal that won’t derail your weight loss journey? These Zero Point Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are here to tantalize your taste buds while keeping you on track. Enjoy!